ATTENTION JOAD MEMBERS!
You may be eligible to participate in the NYS Archery Association State Championships (West). Allied is hosting the event on February 17th and 18th, 2018 ! Please contact Dale at the number below or email AlliedJOAD@gmail.com for more information.
Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD)
Allied Sportsmen Club is a supporter of the Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD) program. Instruction is offered in many styles of shooting. Whatever skill or interest, we can accommodate most children!
There are three styles for competition, recreation, 3-D and hunting:
- Olympic Style Recurve
- Traditional (bare bow)
- Good Sportsmanship and conduct.
- Safety on the range and in the field.
- To inspire confidence in oneself and those around oneself.
- Discipline of the mind and focus in all situations.
- Camaraderie in a highly competitive situation.
- To always strive for excellence in oneself.
- To care for oneself and their equipment.
- Have fun!
The JOAD program runs on Saturday Mornings in two lines:
9:00- 10:30 am line – new archers and archers under 10 years old.
11:00 am-1 pm line – new archers 11+ years old
We ask that archers arrive 15 minutes prior to the line starting so that students are able to get their equipment and be ready to shoot.
The cost to shoot is $10.00 per week per archer.
A few notes:
- There is no minimum age as long as the student listens and pays attention to the rules.
- Equipment is provided on site if the student doesn’t have their own. When an archer is ready to purchase their first bow, we can help with equipment recommendations.
- Clothing: No baggy shirts (catches the string), no excess skin showing, no boxers/underwear showing.
- Sneakers or closed toe shoes are recommended especially for outdoor shooting.
- JOAD generally runs year-round except in August. There are select dates that there will not be JOAD, and parents are notified via email and on the Facebook page.
For more information contact:
Dale Hoffman at (716) 440-1582
JOAD ON FACEBOOK
Allied JOAD in the News!