Introduction to Trap at Allied Sportsmen Club
Remember, the most important part of Trap Shooting is
In this overview we will learn:
- Trap Field Layout
- The Target
- Safety Rules of Trap
- How to Play the Game\
- The Three Games of Trap
- Athlete’s Gun Ammo and Equipment
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Rules of the Game
- Trap Etiquette and Dress/Conduct
Trap Field Layout
American trap is the oldest of the clay target sports. The trap field uses five (5) shooting posts and accommodates five shooters, this is called a squad. Trap has one trap machine throwing targets at random angles 17 degrees left and right of center. Every squad has a scorer.
The targets are thrown by a Trap Machine in the Trap house. Please remember these rules when it is time to reload or secure the trap machine.
- Always approach the trap house from the rear or side.
- Disarm the machine before entering the trap house.
- Display the warning sign when someone is in the house.