JUNIOR OLYMPIC ARCHERY DEVELOPMENT or JOAD
Junior Olympic Archery Development (JOAD)
Allied Sportsmen Club is a supporter of the Junior Olympic Archery Development program.
The JOAD program runs on Saturday Mornings in two lines.
A 9:00 am line and an 11:00 am line.
All new students or students under 10 years old will be in the 9am-10:30 am line.
All students 10+ years will be in the 11am-1:00pm line.
All students should arrive no later than 15 minutes before the line begins. There is no minimum age as long as the student listens and pays attention to the rules.
The dress code is relaxed. No baggy shirts (catches the string), no excess skin showing, no boxers/underwear showing. Sneakers or closed toe shoes are recommended especially for outdoor shooting. Jeans, shorts, tank tops (no cleavage) are perfectly acceptable.
We offer instruction in many styles of shooting. Whatever skill or interest we can accommodate most children.
- Olympic Style Recurve for competition, recreation, 3-D, and hunting
- Compound style for competition, recreation, 3-D, and hunting
- Traditional (bare bow) style for competition, recreation, 3-D, and hunting
The cost to shoot is $5.00 per week. Equipment is provided on site if the student doesn’t have their own. When a student is ready to purchase their first bow we are able to recommend the proper equipment to fit the student.
For more information contact:
Dale Hoffman at (716) 440-1582
Allied JOAD in the News!
- Good Sportsmanship and conduct.
- Safety on the range and in the field.
- To inspire confidence in oneself and those around oneself.
- Discipline of the mind and focus in all situations.
- Camaraderie in a highly competitive situation.
- To always strive for excellence in oneself.
- To care for oneself and their equipment.
- Above all to have fun.
If you are interested in JOAD for your child or have any questions call Dale at 668-0174